Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Honey No Bakes

Our children love no bakes and til now I've not attempted to better the recipe because, frankly, I don't like no bakes and neither does my husband.  Today is a baking day and I asked our son if he had any requests and his eyes lit up as he said dreamily, "No bakes."  Ugh!  So I set about looking for, combining and trying out no bake cookie recipes.  Here is the result.  Enjoy!
Honey No Bakes

1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. oats (I used half quick and half old fashioned)
dash of salt

In sauce pan combine honey and cocoa on low til thoroughly combined.  Add milk and coconut oil and stir.  When it comes to a boil, keep stirring and boil for one minute.  Remove from hea and add peanut butter, vanilla and salt and stir.  Pour chocolate mixture over oatmeal and stir til thoroughly coated.  Drop by spoonfuls on parchment covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

On one attempt I took one into our older daughter to try because they tasted like no bakes to me.  She took a small pinch (so complimentary when they'll only try the smallest amount, isn't it?) and then pronounced, "Way too much honey.  Way too much."  Okay, it's very rare around here when I get a too sweet verdict.  I've adjust the above recipe and I hope you don't get a too sweet review. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment