Monday, March 20, 2017

Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs - It's That Time Again!


I think the beautiful colors and earthy tones of naturally dyed eggs are gorgeous. And then there were the botanical eggs, wet leaves and grass adhered to the egg, wrapped in nylon and dyed to leave designs. I was so intrigued that yesterday I spent my morning dicing cabbage, pulling onion skins, boiling spices and scouring the yard for herbs to use as decoration. Did I mention that my children were at school? I was dying eggs alone
when I could have been reading (should have been cleaning, folding or cooking but if I was going to do something else it should have been reading) But the science geek in me was pushing forward and I just needed to see if onion skins would really dye an egg (they did)

or if I could use cabbage to make blue eggs. (mine were blue-ish) It was far from a pinterest fail, my color weren’t as vibrant, my botanicals were fuzzy edged but it has brought an entirely new question to the forefront, “how else can I use hard boiled eggs so I can try again?” I’m not sure this is a great project with small children because my eggs sat overnight and still weren’t super dark, but if you have a crafty, patient child or a science geek this just might be your thing.

1 comment:

  1. Buy Cell Phones & Accessories, Consumer Electronics TV, Video & Home Audio
    Vehicle Electronics & GPS Surveillance & Smart Home Electronics
    Home & Garden Kitchen, Dining & Bar, Tools & Workshop Equipment and more,
    Worldwide Shipping Available at http://www.ebaystores.com/todostuff

    ReplyDelete