Monday, March 14, 2016

Crock Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes

 There are totally days when I look at my schedule and wonder when we'll eat dinner, let alone how I will have it ready.  Today was one of those days.  I pulled out 2 crock pots (I've finally accumulated 3 large crock pots and some days I use them all)   One for a whole chicken I'm roasting for dinner (and then I'll use the bones for broth) and the other I tried these potatoes and score!  The house smells a little KFC-ish in the yummiest sense.  They aren't as crispy as oven roasted potatoes but they will do very nicely on a work day, a mom's in the car driving everyone everywhere day or just because you want to read a book so dinner needs to take care of itself.


Crock Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes

10 small potatoes (maybe 5-6 medium or 4 bakers)
1/8-1/4 c. water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (more if you like pepper, I'm a whimp)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dill
pinch of basil
pinch of oregano
1/4 c. butter

Wash potatoes and cut into wedges.  Place wedges in crock pot and add 1/4 c. water to the crock pot.  In a small bowl combine spices and then sprinkle on potatoes, tossing halfway through to help coat.
 Dot top with butter. My butter was frozen solid so I just grated half a cube onto the potatoes.


Cook on high 5 hours and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment