Monday, April 22, 2013

Pseudo Brownie Cliff Bars

One of our children asked me to please try to find a recipe for Brownie Cliff Bars.  I'd never had one so he brought one home to me.  I like the chewy part but the flavor wasn't really my favorite, not even close, but he loves them so I went to work. He took the whole batch to work and ate them all in one day.  Pretty good review!


1 and 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal, partially mashed
1 cup uncooked oats
2 tablespoons ground flax
1/4 cup finely chopped raisin
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/3 c. chocolate chips
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine rice cereal, oats, flax, chopped fruit and cocoa powder.
Combine nut butter and brown rice syrup and warm slightly. Stir chocolate chips into nut butter mixture then add vanilla and then pour over dry ingredients. Mix with spoon at first, but it's easier to just use your hands about half way through. Press into 9 x 9 pan and cut into squares.
You can remove the cocoa powder and add some chopped nuts for a non chocolate variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment