Friday, April 20, 2012

Goodness Gracious Chocolate Almond Fruit Dip

I really mean goodness gracious.  Chocolate and almonds are one of my favorite combinations; I like chocolate covered almonds, I like chocolate almond cookies, chocolate almond ice cream, Hershey bars with almonds and now I'm loving chocolate almond fruit dip.  Mmmmm..... forget KFC, this is finger licking good!!


Goodness Gracious Chocolate Almond Fruit Dip

1 c. almonds
3 T. cocoa powder
6 medjool dates (yes it makes a difference)
2 T. honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
Approx 2 T. coconut oil (can use olive oil)
3 T. water



Add almonds to food processor and process until very fine.  Add dates and cocoa powder and process until mixed.   While processor is running, add honey, vanilla and then alternate between 1 T. oil and 1 T. water until mixture is right consistency for your taste.

 Grab an apple and enjoy!!
Inspiration from:  Original Version

No comments:

Post a Comment