Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turkey Meatballs - YUM!

These are yummy, yummy. If you know me I'm not much of a meat eater.  In face I usually skip the meatballs altogether but these are so yummy I might sneak a a few extra.


Ingredients
1 small onion, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey meat

When I go to all the mess of making meatballs I usually do it in large batches. To bake them, I form the meatballs and place on parchment covered baking sheet. Bake 350' for 30 min.
Allow to cool slightly and then move to freezer bags.  If you single layer them in the bags you can pull out just a few at a time, or if you know you'll need a certain amount for your recipes, you can bag them in those amounts.  Saves time to cook them all at once and I only have to clean the mess up once.
From Giada De Laurentiis

1 comment: