Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chocolate Mint Merangue Cookies

These are not something we make often, but ooo yummy goodness when we do! We are huge fans of the flavors mint and chocolate, so maybe that explains it. This is a recipe from my childhood that still makes me smile. Definitely a special occasion recipe, but so worth the splurge. 



Chocolate Mint Merangue Cookies
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
Beat to soft peaks.
Slowly add:
1/3 c. sugar
Beat to stiff peaks
Fold in:
1/2 tsp mint extract
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Bake on parchment paper by spoonfuls at 325' for 25 minutes.  Remove parchment from baking sheet and allow cookies to cool on parchment a few minutes before removing them.  You can reuse parchment for next batch.

Hmmmm.... some of you might be wondering how many this makes.  The answer is not enough!  I tripled the batch today and since our daughter and I have been snacking on them since the first batch came out and I burned my tongue on hot chocolate because I couldn't/wouldn't wait,  I can't actually count to see exactly how many.  But my estimate, based on the cookie spots on my parchment paper, is 24-30 cookies per batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment