Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Yummies, er, I mean Cookies

It's rare I made a recipe and don't tweak it.  Apparently I think I can do it better, or maybe I'm just picky!  The only tweak I made to this recipe is to lessen the chocolate chips. I like chocolate, a lot, but I still thought there were too many.


Lowfat Pumpkin Yummies

½ c unsweetened applesauce
¾ c sugar
1 egg
14 oz or 1 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 c whole wheat flour
1 tbls plus 1/4 tsp cinnamon
 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 to 3/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips

 Combine applesauce, sugar, egg, pumpking and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients and chocolate chips on top. Mix well. Bake at 375' for 12 min. Remove to wire wrack to cool.
Thanks for the Hip to Be Healthy blog for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment